April 12, 2012

I love garage sales

Every Saturday in LA I get to go garage sale shopping with my grandmother and her friends. I have a ball every time. I have picked up many doily's for different projects, tons of fabric scraps for a textile notebook, and even a brand new tennis racket for my brothers birthday. But last week I had a really fun find. cashmere. At one small garage sale I saw a small table with some crafty things on it. There was a oversized joann bag filled of fabric. fluffy fabric. And I instantly thought of this-


The lady had felted a bunch of cashmere and wool sweaters to make headbands with then gone in a totally different direction. I bought they whole bag for 1$ and created these.
The softest blankets you could ever had make of felted cashmere with a variegated pink and purple blanket stitch wool trim.

1 comment:

Yellow Suitcase Studio said...

Thanks for the link! What an awesome find of cashmere and what fun colors! Very springy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...